We start the show this week with some Canadian news. Well, it’s actually only news to some people who haven’t been paying attention.
- Why the oil sands no longer make economic sense
- Finance Department memo says no new oil pipeline needed ’until at least 2025’
Also, some are upset that the Green Party is OK with pipelines as long as the oil is refined in Canada… This is actually not a new position, but it’s getting some new attention and the hosts discuss.
After the break, we discuss some international news mainly US elections and politics including the lip-fluttering nonsense in the Republican draft platform.
- Hillary Clinton could run on strongest climate change platform ever
- The Republican Party Has Released Their Platform For The 2016 Convention, And It Is INSANE
The top story this week depends on your perspective to some degree, but the one I urge you to read most is the title article about the Pentagon’s research and utilization of this research to anticipate and control social unrest. There are two main points to glean here, firstly WHY they are suddenly so concerned with this, and secondly HOW they are going about using this information.
- Pentagon preparing for mass civil breakdown
- Pacific islands nations consider world’s first treaty to ban fossil fuels
ALSO! In the bonus show we discuss:
- Drones to unleash vaccine-laced pellets in bid to save endangered ferrets
- An Open Letter on Identity Politics, to and from the Left
This weeks music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!