We begin the show with an update on the Nestle water controversy, which could see Ontario sell it's water to the private corp for a pathetic $3.71 per MILLION litres. Paul Dore co-host of the Open Kwong Dore Podcast joins us to discuss this story.
- ‘They got a really sweet deal’: Ontario to review permits for bottled water companies after outcry over costs
- Kathleen Wynne: Stop Nestlé from sucking Ontario dry!
In the middle section Atiya Jaffar, Digital Organizer for 350 Canada takes the lead to discuss the ongoing story of the Husky Energy disaster in Saskatchewan, and an update on the ongoing protests in the USA with the Dakota First Nations over the Dakota Access Pipeline which is replacement for the dead Keystone XL pipeline project. Enbridge is once again involved for an additional Canadian connection, and the route and length is basically the same making the more or less the same fight, but less certain the outcome.
- First Nation with poisoned waters feels abandoned after Husky oil spill
- Native Americans Successfully Block Oil Pipeline Construction — Media Silent
- Tell Justin Trudeau: Reject Kinder Morgan (via 350 Canada)
Finally, Daryn hosts a review of the criticism surrounding BC's new 'Carbon Plan' which was immediately and entirely blasted by scientists and ENGO's for doing basically nothing to achieve meaningful policy or goals for future policy. Some are surprised, we are not.
- Christy Clark just unveiled a climate change plan that's so bad her own experts are ripping it apart
- New B.C. climate plan "full of holes," say environmentalists
- Is B.C.'s Tunnel Vision Forcing out Solar Power?
Paul, Atiya and Daryn continue our dissection of the BC Climate Announcement as well as discuss a new Canadian Oil company which seeks to reinvent the carbon extraction model. Does it matter? Should we claim victory or facepalm? Hosts discuss...
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!