Stefan starts the show with an interest piece on the topic of vertical farming. Does it hold the keys to the future? Probably not, at least not soon or alone but some interesting parties are increasingly investing heavily in the field.
- IKEA and top chef David Chang round out financing for $40 million Series D round
- 9 Reasons Why Vertical Farms Fail
- Aquaponics: the future of food?
In the middle section we talk about the wide gap between talk and action on climate. A number of energy companies have now had so much pressure put on them that they are making at least some voluntary climate goals. Canada's association of petroleum producers (CAPP) is not joining Royal Dutch Shell in these efforts, instead committing to do something similar? The hosts discuss.
- Canadian oilpatch group explains why it stayed out of global climate effort
- MEDIA STATEMENT: No Funding for TransformTO in the Preliminary 2018 Budget
Finally, we finish off with a bit of a news roundup. We talk about a new study on the impacts of extreme weather on US climate change attitudes, and the headliner of course :) the Pepsi lobster.
- Battered by extreme weather, Americans are more worried about climate change
- Lobster found with Pepsi logo 'tattoo' fuels fears over ocean litter
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.