Stefan starts the show sadly confirming a suspicion we've had since last year that the Prime Minister has no apparent intention to stand up for one of his most critical campaign promises: electoral reform. On the upside, Stefan also updates us on the rapid scale at which battery power storage which is critical to the renewable revolution is growing in 2017.
- Tesla’s Battery Revolution Just Reached Critical Mass
- Elon Musk’s Trump Outreach Is Angering ‘The Resistance’
- Trudeau abandons electoral reform, breaking key campaign promise
- REPORT: Like most handsome guys, Trudeau turning out to be a bit of a lying dick
Daryn takes aim at a new court decision against Monsanto building in California, good news with a serious asterisks. Daryn also talks about a new breakthrough in flexible, printable solar cells that could help bring cheap renewable energy to 1.3 billion people, with of course... yet another asterisks.
- Court Rules Against Monsanto, Allows California To Put Cancer Warning On Roundup
- Paper-thin printed solar cells could provide power for 1.3 billion people
Sabina hosts the final section with a look at Trumps impact on American agriculture, subsidies and big agro. She also mentions an attempt by Canadian scientists to support their southern colleagues in these troubled times.
- Sonny Perdue vows to make American agriculture great again – but for whom?
- Canadian scientists offer support to muzzled US counterparts
Sabina and Daryn talk about Trudeau's development of a very small backbone in response to Trump this past week, as well as answer a listener question regarding capitalism itself being "the problem".
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!