This weeks show is pretty straight forward, because basically everyone is talking about either Trump or BC elections this week. We give it our take, and provide an overview of the reporting to date.
Stefan starts the show with an update on the 'green/orange alliance' with respect to the BC election surprise. With the Green Party having unprecedented influence, an emboldened NDP and a defiant Christy Clark almost anything can still happen. We review what has actually transpired and talk about possible resolutions. We also discuss the implications this might have (regardless what happens) on the federal political stage.
- An NDP minority government in B.C. may have to water down its ambitions: experts
- For once, progressives have a reason to celebrate from coast to coast
- B.C. Premier Christy Clark not ready to resign
- Trudeau stands by Kinder Morgan despite changing politics in B.C.
- Greens to prop up NDP's Horgan in minority BC government
- 10 Potential Game-Changers in B.C.’s NDP-Green Agreement
Saryn tackles Trump (har har) and the pullout announcement for the Paris Accord on Climate. While almost no-one is surprised, and the act's debatable important for American domestic policy it has HUGE importance for the global political climate. Not necessarily all for the worse!
- World reacts to Trump's Paris climate accord withdrawal
- China and EU strengthen promise to Paris deal with US poised to step away
- Pittsburgh fires back at Trump: we stand with Paris, not you
- Trump’s Paris pullout won’t be a game changer, say markets-minded pundits
- EU to bypass Trump administration after Paris climate agreement pullout
- The 5 biggest deceptions in Trump’s Paris climate speech
In the final section the hosts continue discussing the issue of the international impact, and very briefly about the new conservative party leader here in Canada.
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.