Rob Shirkey is our guest host this week with Stefan still away and it's hot. Damn hot.
The hosts agree that it would be a nice summer break to stick with some more fun stuff this week and lay off the heavy (well mostly). To this end we talk about some news, some social pondering, and everything from dating to non-traditional family structure in a climate changing world.
Rob mentions some info about how we are actually doing in the race to limit carbon (hint: not good) which leads into a discussion of tactics and messaging as it relates to Rob's work as the Executive Director for Our Horizon.
- These 'missing charts' may change the way you think about fossil fuel addiction
- Neoliberalism has conned us into fighting climate change as individuals
In the final section, we did talk more about actual news. Primarily we talk about an uncomfortable marriage between renewables and mining (at least for now).
We also teased a few heavier stories, but didn't really have the heart this week to dig into them. We may come back to them (they are ongoing issues) but for now, here's what we had flagged if you can handle it...
- Environmental defenders being killed in record numbers globally, new research reveals
- Oilsands insider wanted for questioning in Exxon probe
- McKenna hopes to save megabucks by slashing Parliament's carbon pollution
- Emails Show Iraq War PR Alums Led Attempt to Discredit Dakota Access Protesters
- Mexico launches pioneering scheme to insure its coral reef
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.