Stefan and Saryn start the show with a discussion of the news that the Energy East pipeline is going into a holding pattern in anticipation of new climate test standards that will likely kill the project. We continue this discussion in the frame of the ongoing extreme weather across the world and a conversation whether rhetoric can and should be escalated in response to escalating climate impacts.
- Hurricane Irma likely to be followed by more extreme weather events so we should prepare for horror of global warming now, say experts
- How Vulnerable Are Oil Markets To Extreme Weather?
- New research finds attitudes toward climate-change mitigation are only minimally and fleetingly affected by severe weather.
- As Energy East pipeline stalls, Tories accuse Liberals of failing energy industry
- N.B. premier urges TransCanada to proceed with Energy East pipeline
The interview this week is with Leonard Allen, president of Solera Sustainable Energies Company Ltd. Leonard talks to us about global solar trends comparatively in various countries, technology changes and the future of solar energy in a climate changed, and extreme weather world.
You can learn more about Solera and Leonard Allen here.
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.