We take a long and winding look at the theoretical and practical compatibility of economic growth and environmental protection.
News Items mentioned in the final section include:
- What if Canada had spent $200bn on wind energy instead of oil?
- Kinder Morgan Fined $920 for Illegal Salmon Stream Construction
- Scott Pruitt quits as head of US environment agency (but so what?)
- TransCanada Pipeline Explodes in West Virginia
- Oilpatch fires 'warning shot' at Trudeau Liberals in Ontario with 'unprecedented' ground campaign
Mentioned by Lauren:
- Canada invests $27.5M in the future of Wood Buffalo National Park World Heritage Site
- Pipeline protesters rappel from Ironworkers Memorial Bridge, blocking tanker
And finally the Doug Ford damage report as of airing:
- Ontario cancelling cap and trade akin to pulling out of climate framework: Catherine McKenna
- Doug Ford Year One: A guide to what’s happening in the new Ontario
- Doug Ford fires privatization czar, chief investment officer and chief scientist
- Ford government is ending co-operation with Ottawa on resettlement of asylum-seekers
- 'Assault on green energy:' Industry slams Doug Ford's decision to cancel incentives
- Doug Ford halts introduction of additional anti-vaping rules
This Week's Music:
Drake, "Peak", and Forest Swords, "Sjurvival"
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.