The news roundup this week has more positives than negatives, so there's that! This as usual comes with the usual skepticism and asterisks but it's much better than most weeks.
The hosts string together a number of financial stories related to pipelines and other carbon energy infrastructure projects under increasing financial pressure from a variety of factors that are increasingly making them questionable investments for even the most cynical or climate denying investors and funds.
- ING bank says it will not finance major Canadian pipeline projects
- BREAKING: Southern Co. Suspends Kemper "Clean Coal" Project, Warns Investors It May Recognize Losses up to $3.4 Billion
- A New Problem for Keystone XL: Oil Companies Don’t Want It
We also make the transfer to the politics side of this shift with several Canadian news items relevant to energy infrastructure investment.
- Saskatchewan Did What?! Province OKs Canada's First Geothermal Power Plant
- B.C. Liberal government loses confidence vote 44-42, sparking either NDP government or election
- It's official: British Columbia will have a new NDP premier
- Trudeau Liberals propose sweeping reforms to Harper-era environmental laws
inally, we mentioned some clips regarding the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women inquiry, with a statement via CPAC from the First Nations community, and specifically the families of some of the missing and murdered. We were unable to play the clips, but you can listen for yourself here:
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.