This week Stefan is away so I am joined by friend of the show and 'The Sustainable Economist' - Tim Nash. Tim and Saryn discuss the role of electrification in Canada's energy mix, from a political, social and finance perspective.
After the break, Matthew Klippenstein joins us for a segment drilling down further into the electricity conversation as the Green Majority EV (electric vehicle) correspondant. Matthew talks to us about how Elon Musk's ability to capture headlines is annoying Nissan, the progress of EV in the Canadian market (and abroad) and the social/status component of vehicle ownership among many other topics.
- Electric Vehicle Outlook 2017
- Renault-Nissan's Ghosn Asserts Leadership In EVs, And The Auto Industry
- Nissan expects up to 20 percent of Europe sales to be zero emission cars by 2020
- The Secret Behind Norway's EV "Miracle" Isn't Oil
- CleanTech Talk Episodes
- Matthew's EV Sales Tracking Stats
- Matthew's Bio at Clean Car Reports
In the final section, Tim and Saryn discuss Trump, and the role of Canada in the G19 when it comes to climate change (and possibly more).
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.