The Trudeau government announced approval for the TransMountain (Kinder Morgan) pipeline this week so we thought we'd give an overview of the issue. We begin the show with a timeline history of the TransMountain pipeline and of the resistance to it.
- Kinder Morgan Brief Pipeline Overview (Vancouver Observer)
- Trans Mountain Pipeline ULC - Trans Mountain Expansion
- Key milestones for Trans Mountain Expansion Project review
- NEB postpones Kinder Morgan hearing following Steven Kelly's appointment
- TransMountain Spill History (TransMountain Website)
- Historical Background Report: Trans Mountain Pipeline, 1947-2013
After the break we are joined by the official spokesperson and councillor for the Tsleil-Waututh First Nation Charlene Aleck, who have been one of the major opponents to the pipeline and whose land lays directly in it's proposed path.
- Sacred Trust – Protecting Tsleil-Waututh Territory
- Tsleil-Waututh Nation vows to stop Trans Mountain pipeline despite Trudeau government approval
In the final section of the main show, Stefan leads a discussion on what youth could be doing to help build solutions to these issues if they weren't forced to spend all their time fighting pipelines.
Daryn did his best to keep his sarcasm to a minimum during the show, but can only hold it for so long. The bonus show discusses four big reasons why you should call BS on Trudeau's excuses for passing the pipeline and how this doesn't conflict with climate commitments.
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!