In the shadow of the Charlottesville protests turned violent thanks to Nazi sympathizers and the sudden outpouring of hate by right wing groups in the USA, we take a look at some of the weeks news from the perspective of racism's role in environmental issues. While we are painfully aware of the fact that two white hosts should not be considered in any way authorities on issues of racism, we hope to at least start a dialogue among our audience about these issues.
- Paramilitary security tracked and targeted DAPL opponents as ‘jihadists,’ docs show
- The White House doesn’t think sea-level rise is important to US infrastructure
- New Orleans at risk of further floods after fire cuts power to pumps
- Oil spill follows Trudeau to China
- Canada in Hot Seat for Resource Policies at UN Racial Discrimination Hearing
We also talk a bit about the resource intensity of meat production, food waste and the 'radical' young activists coming of age in 2017.
- Radical millennials are a climate force to be reckoned with
- Industrial meat production is killing our seas. It's time to change our diets
- Britons to throw away £428m worth of barbecue food in August, study reveals
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?