Stefan is off again this week and the intrepid Rob Shirkey joins us in his steed. Rob is the Executive Director of Our Horizon, working with municipalities and governments to put accountability warning labels on gas pumps. Rob is here however this week not to talk about his work directly, but rather to add another side to the #ExxonKnew story. States and cities in the US are signalling they want to take big oil to court to help pay for climate mitigation. But you know who else knew (In part thanks to Rob) and also did nothing? They did.
- Rob Shirkey's New Book: The Banality of Oil
- Understanding the "#ExxonKnew" controversy | ExxonMobil - Exxon Mobil's Website About #ExxonKnew (read pretty much anyone else's website on this topic then this one... see who you believe)
- California cities sue big oil firms over climate change
- Exxon Mobil Investigated for Possible Climate Change Lies by New York Attorney General
- Cities Sue Big Oil for Damages from Rising Seas
The second half of the show Saryn talks about another controversial opinion this time closer to home. The BC vs Alberta battle continues to be waged over the Kinder Morgan pipeline, but unlike the vast majority of the time, this time there may actually be a legitimate argument to be made to actually letting it through! Please listen to the episode before you send us angry letters :)
- Garossino: Why Kinder Morgan isn’t the hill to fight and die on
- Payback or coincidence? Pipeline tensions between Alberta and B.C. ramp up
- Trade dispute with Alberta dominates B.C. government's first question period of 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: Trudeau says Kinder Morgan 'was always a trade off'
- NEB green lights Kinder Morgan construction at Burnaby Mountain
This Weeks Music:
Ohbijou "The Woods"
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.