Despite our best efforts, Kinder Morgan is still the hot topic this week. More details have emerged about instructions Federal Liberals staff received that seems to imply a dishonest consultation process around Kinder Morgan with indigenous groups. We also talk about the increasing attention, and lack of a counter-strategy by basically anyone to offset the impact of bots and electronic manipulation on important topics in the new Russia hacked-election and Facebook privacy illusion world.
- Kinder Morgan pipeline supporters and detractors are being swarmed by online 'bots'
- Government insiders say Trans Mountain pipeline approval was rigged
- Trudeau goes on offensive after being questioned in House of Commons about 'rigged' Kinder Morgan process
- Media malpractice and the bitumen bubble
In the middle section, we switch briefly to the US and discuss the latest round of controversies surrounding EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) chief Scott Pruitt. Despite many more, and more severe scandals than several other already-dismissed Trump cabinet members, Trump appears to be sticking my Pruitt (for now).
- So, Scott Pruitt totally lied about raises for his employees
- Lawmakers grilling EPA chief Scott Pruitt: 'You are unfit to hold public office'
- 'If I were the president, I'd get rid of you': Scott Pruitt lacerated at ethics hearing
In the final section, the hosts discuss an ongoing effort by the Guardian newspaper to monitor and track environmental activist deaths particularly the 20 who have already been killed in the first few months of this year. Also: Peak Sand.
- 20 environmental defenders have been killed so far in 2018 while protecting their community’s land or natural resources.
- The world is running out of sand — and you’d be surprised how significant that is
- HSBC to stop financing most new coal plants, oil sands, arctic drilling
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media or send us an email.