This week is CIUT's fall fundraising show, but that doesn't stop us from having an action packed show! We interview Leora Eisen (Director) about the new Nature of Things CBC documentary 'Think Like An Animal', as well as cover some of the horror stories coming out of the US, as well as what it means for Canada and the international community.
Learn more about 'Think Like An Animal' here and watch it live on TV Thursday, November 24th @ 8pm on CBC-TV.
For the national news, Stefan talks about the closing COP22 talks with an eye to the implications for Canada, as well as the first indications that Trudeau will likely go ahead and push through several pipelines in Canada despite his rhetoric on climate change.
- Keystone XL pipeline not enough to address oil industry needs, says Minister Carr
- Opinion: Fossil fuel subsidies are the elephant in the room
- Global community calls on Canada to align actions with rhetoric on fossil fuel projects
- TPP Public Tea Party : Toxic trade deals & the road ahead.
In the final section Daryn discusses the so-far international response to Trumps win with regards to international climate agreements and participation. China to our (thrilled) surprise came out strong against Trumps accusations of making up climate change and pledges to move forward with climate action regardless of US participation. Daryn also comments on some theoretical implications for the international balance of power as a result of this over the next few years with regards to the internal stability of the US and the relationships between big players like the UK, US, Canada, China and Russia.
- Trump fears push nations at Morocco talks to call climate action an 'urgent duty'
- Trump begins filling environmental posts with clowns
- China Very Kindly Explains to Trump That It Didn’t Invent Climate Change as a Hoax
- If Trump quits, California could apply to join UN climate talks
- U.S. Companies to Trump: Don’t Abandon Global Climate Deal
- Climate Science Deniers With Organization of Donald Trump’s EPA Pick Booted From UN Marrakech COP22 Talks
We took this week off! Back next week we promise :)
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!