We begin the show with an update on the ongoing and increasingly tense situation with the indigenous blockage of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Hundreds of tribes have joined the protest, and dogs and pepper spray are being deployed against them. The plot thickens and the TGM team is on it.
- 48 Words at 4 AM Is All Network News Has to Say About Pipeline Protests
- Tribe 'disappointed' with judge's partial halt to North Dakota pipeline work
- Officials Pull Water Supply as Dakota Access Protest Swells in Number and Spirit
- As Dakota Access Pipeline Fight Grows, Where Are Obama and Clinton?
- Tribes Secure Limited Victory with Partial Halt on Dakota Pipeline
- ‘And Then the Dogs Came’: Dakota Access Gets Violent, Destroys Graves, Sacred Sites
In the middle section, Daryn and Stefan dig into the ongoing National Energy Board scandals, with completely legitimate mistrust and skepticism about their independence and unbiased perspective on pipeline issues. The Liberal government is talking a lot about the need for trust (but otherwise reluctant to do anything) and citizens increasingly becoming aware of just how captured our government and it's regulators are by big oil in this country.
- Energy East pipeline panelist was penalized for insider trading
- A poke in the ribs:' Group pitches equalization for pipelines to Ottawa
- First Nations don't trust federal pipeline consultation, says Grand Chief. Only three speakers show up.
- NEB suspends Energy East hearings. Minister not ready to step in
- Province estimates wildfire put $1-billion dent in 2016 oilsands spending plans
- Info czar gets Canada pipeline regulator to cough up details of secret Enbridge reports
- Enbridge suspends regulatory process for delayed Sandpiper pipeline project
In the final section, the hosts discuss some *good news* as defined by our caveat heavy 'end on a high note' initiative for the show :)
- (not good news, but we had to mention it) Who are the Grassy Narrows 143? Health Canada won’t say
- Obama to focus on climate change after he leaves office
- Costa Rica Has Been Running on 100 Percent Renewable Energy for Months
- Opencast coal mine application 'called in' over climate change concerns
Daryn and Stefan have a really important message for our listeners! Please take a few min to listen to today's bonus show even if you don't listen to the rest of the episode. This is not a gimmick! This concerns all of us.
This Weeks Music:
What do you think?
Let us know what you think of what we discussed in the show! Click here to find us on social media, leave us a phone message to play on air or send us an email!